Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year from the Cave!!


Hi Friends, Let me start out by apologizing for not maintaining a proper web presence. I've been crazy busy at the Cave but I am finally able to take this day to tell you a bit about what I (Josiah) have been up to.

I have been working since last February 2010 with William Reid from the Jesus and Mary Chain on his debut solo record. I am honored as I grew up listening to their records over and over in high school and until this very day. William has become a true friend and I am thankful to have the pleasure of working with him. The album is being scheduled for a release sometime this coming year.

In between working with William I have been recording a new album with my own band Light FM. It has been an amazing transformation of influences and recording techniques. I feel like this is our best record as of yet. It melds all of my influences of early 90's shoegaze, early 80's new wave/pop, and droney elements of Krautrock. It is tentatively titled, "Buzz Kill City". We are playing a showcase at SXSW in March and will be debuting the new material early this coming Spring.

We received tons of placements from our previous album, "Let There Be Light FM". Songs have been featured on MTV's Video Music Awards, MTV's Movie Awards, Jersey Shore, The City, The Buried Life, 16 and Pregnant, and CBS's How I met Your Mother. I (Josiah) also did a cover of , "Click Click" by The English Beat which was featured on the final Shrek movie, "Shrek Forever" alongside Weezer, The Carpenters, Lionel Richie, Antonio Banderas, and The Horrors.

I've been working with various local bands such as, The Blood Arm (Rough Trade Records) One Trick Pony, Wilding (formerly Tigers Can Bite You), Nathaniel Fregoso and The Bountiful Hearts, Rademacher, The College Kids, The Pity Party, Names of Stars, Emily Valentine, Modern Time Machines, Kissy Suzuki, Y Luv, etc.

That's about it!! Thank you so much for all the wonderful people I have met and have trusted me to make their music become a recorded reality. It's truly been an honor. Here's looking to a promising and positive 2011. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment